Monday, December 22, 2008

CHECK UPS (originally posted Dec 6)


I went to see my doctors this week
for my post-hospital checkups.


My pilonidal cyst is healing very well. The incision has shrunk from 4.5 cm long and 2.5 cm deep to 3.0 cm long and .5 cm deep in just three weeks. The home aid nurse said that I have healed faster than anyone she has seen before. The infection that the home visit nurse detected was found to be harmless and I can now change the packing every two days instead of each day.
That makes my mom happy since she is my in-home nurse.



The last two weeks I have slowly built my stamina up by going on "outings." I went to the Light Parade Downtown (see photo above) and watched a movie at a friends house. I am now able to be up and about for much longer and I don't get as out of breath as easy. I am napping frequently, but not for as long. Most importantly, I am learning my limits. That makes my father happy - he keeps me on a pretty short leash.



I also saw my cardiologist this morning. My blood pressure and heart beat is good. He is adding COREG to my current medications that include Lasix, Lisinopril, and Digoxin.


Coreg (carvedilol) is prescribed for the treatment of mild-to-severe chronic heart failure of cardiomyopathic origin, usually in addition to diuretics. Coreg is indicated to reduce cardiovascular mortality in clinically stable patients.

Lasix (Furosemide) is a diuretic.


Lisinopril is in a group of drugs called ACE inhibitors.
ACE stands for angiotensin converting enzyme.
Lisinopril is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension),
congestive heart failure, and to improve survival after a heart attack.




Digoxin treats heart failure and slowing the heart rate in patients with chronic atrial fibrillation, a type of abnormal heart rhythm. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor. Digoxin is a digitalis glycoside. It works by increasing the force of contraction of the heart and slowing heart rate.



No comments:

 
Subscribe in a reader